What if I pay by mail and I want a receipt?

Your cancelled check will be your receipt. If an alternate receipt is desired, send the entire bill (including the taxpayer copy just as it was mailed to you) and a self addressed, stamped envelope with your payment. We will date stamp “paid” on your taxpayer copy and mail it back to you. On the second payment in January, again mail us the taxpayer copy along with the second payment due coupon and we will stamp the taxpayer copy for the second time and mail it back to you.Please retain the stamped copy for your records. This may be needed when filing state and government taxes each year.

Show All Answers

1. How is my tax calculated?
2. What is the new mill rate?
3. When is the tax bill due?
4. What is taxable?
5. How can I pay my tax bill?
6. What methods of payment do you accept?
7. How do I pay Collection Agency?
8. How do I find what I paid for last year for IRS purposes?
9. What if I pay by mail and I want a receipt?
10. Can I make out one check for all of my tax bills?
11. What happens if I pay late?
12. Can the interest on my tax bill be waived?
13. What if I never receive a tax bill in the mail?
14. What if I recently purchased a home in Bristol or recently paid off my mortgage?
15. How do I correct the mailing address on my tax bill?
16. What if I am being billed improperly for a motor vehicle?
17. How can I avoid a real estate lien placed on my property?
18. How can I avoid a “boot” on my vehicle?
19. Can I receive an immediate release for DMV