The Comptroller’s office is responsible for the accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting that includes the following activities:
Accounts payable for all funds within the city
- Bristol / Burlington Health District
- Debt service or payment of interest and principal on city borrowing
- Employee health and pension benefits
- General accounting for all city funds excluding the Water Department
- Liability insurance coverage
The Comptroller’s office, in conjunction with the Treasurer's office, is responsible for the investment of available city funds. By charter, the Comptroller is secretary to the Board of Finance and administrative officer for the City of Bristol General City Retirement Program. The Comptroller also acts as fiscal advisor to both the Firefighters’ and Police Benefit Funds.